This product is certified halal by Jakim. Suppliers’ halal certification for local chicken/beef are from JAKIM/JAIN whilst imported beef/buffalo/lamb/mutton from Islamic bodies recognized by JAKIM in Australia, New Zealand, India
Now you can enjoy the pleasure of making pau at home, with our specially milled pau flour. Our precise extraction method and specially-selected low-protein, soft-wheat gives the flour a premium quality.
Additionally, years of experience and research in flour milling has resulted in a flour with the desired whiteness, fine texture and good volume for pau.
Check out our family products for your baking pleasure
Blue Key Superfine Superwhite Flour 1kg
Blue Key Self-Raising Flour 1kg
Star Brand and Blue Key, best partner ever!
To view the recipe video, please log on to www.ffmb.com.my
Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
Halal-certified Local ‘JAKIM’
Halal-certified Local ‘JAKIM’ – MS : 1500:2009, Ref No: 1077-10/2003
Preparation and Storage
Steamed Mantou with Swirls
Makes: 18 pieces (each colour 6 pieces)
750g Blue Key Pau Flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp instant yeast (included in Blue Key Pau Flour Packaging)
150g caster sugar
45g vegetable shortening
1/2 tsp Star Brand Apple Green Colour
1/2 tsp Star Brand Egg Yellow Colour
1/2 tsp Star Brand Orange Colour
1. In a mixing bowl, sift in Blue Key Pau Flour.
2. Add in salt, instant yeast, caster sugar and water. Mix at low speed until dough is formed.
3. Add in vegetable shortening and knead until the dough is smooth.
4. Form the dough into a ball and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and shape them into balls. Set aside 3 portions.
6. Add Star Brand Apple Green Colour to a portion. Knead until the colour and dough are well combined. Repeat the step with Star Brand Egg Yellow Colour and Star Brand Orange Colour for the other 2 portions.
7. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes. You will now have 3 uncoloured portions and 3 portions with different colours.
8. To prepare the mantou with swirls, use rolling pin to flatten one uncoloured portion and one coloured portion.
9. Lightly brush the flattened coloured dough surface with some water. Then, place the flattened uncoloured portion on top.
10. Starting from the top, roll the dough downward. Repeat method 8, 9 and 10 for the remaining portions.
11. Divide each roll into 6 equal pieces (total 18 pieces with 3 rolls) and arrange on a tray greased with oil. Cover with a damp tea towel and let dough proof for 45 minutes. 12. Steam for 10 minutes.